Monday, February 20, 2012

Feeling crafty

A while ago I got on Pinterest and along with many recipes to feed my recipe collecting addiction, I discovered many crafts as well. My first inspiration was a stuffed whale made from blue jeans than was on a blog written in Finnish. It had a lot of really good pictures so I was able to follow along with out being able to read the instructions. The jeans I chose to use were an old pair of maternity jeans that I had just packed up, since I lost some baby weight and was able to put on my pre-baby jeans again.  In celebration I decided to make Bubba some toys out of them. Here is my whale. Not bad, huh?



Since this whale used up less than one pants leg of my maternity jeans, I began to search for a pattern of something else to make with all the left over material. Then I found it. A cute elephant pattern.





This was more challenging than the whale, but still came out really good. So good, I used the last of the material to make his evil twin.

The pattern cut out

The first elephant

Evil twin or Anti-elephant

The Bubba loved his whale and elephants. Good thing, too, because it took me more time to make just one elephant than I was in labor with Bubba.


Here's the funny part. I was so excited with my crafty successes I posted pics of them on Facebook. The response from my mom and my mother-in-law was the same:
"They are cute, but you cut up your maternity jeans... does this mean... gasp.... no more grandchildren?!"

Relax guys. He is only 7 months old, and I only cut up one pair of jeans ;)

There were many sleepless nights in the beginning at 4am when we swore that Bubba would be an only child, but that has passed and he sleeps well most nights so he may get a sibling after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment