Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ginger Peach and Carrot Muffins

I LOVE ginger. I love ginger candy, ginger syrup, crystallized ginger, pickled ginger (you get the point, right?). Anyhow I found a nice ginger root at the grocery store the other day and decided it would be the perfect addition to my Carrot Muffins.



It's pretty big I know.
Don't worry, I'm not going to use all of it in the muffins, just about a 1 1/2 inch hunk. The rest I have plans for trying to make my own crystallized ginger, or pickled ginger, or ginger taffy or possibly ginger beer-- I can't decide! But enough ginger talk for now, down to business.



 Here's what you'll need:

1 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar (1/2 white, 1/2 brown sugar)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (I used the mini chopper to get them nice and fine)
2 ripe peaches (skinned)
1 1/2 inch section of ginger root (pealed)
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Here is the pealed ginger. 


Put the ginger in the chopper and pulse till finely chopped, then add the peaches and puree.


Cream the butter with the sugar.


Chop the carrots then add them, the peach puree and eggs to the butter and sugar. Once blended add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend.


Add to muffin tins and bake at 350 for 45- 50 minutes.


Delicious! (I actually think I could have added a little bit more ginger, but not ever one loves ginger as much as me)


Bubba thinks they are perfect as is!




No comments:

Post a Comment