Sunday, April 29, 2012

Savory "French" Toast

I never really liked french toast, it's the maple syrup. I am not a fan. Many years ago I invented my Savory French Toast. I used to call it Italian Toast because of the standard Italian spices oregano, basil and parsley in it. Recently after doing Baby Led Weaning with Bubba, I have discovered that in England they make something very similar and call it "eggy bread".

3-4 eggs
light sprinkle of garlic powder and black pepper
generous sprinkle of chives, oregano, basil, and parsley
5-6 slices of bread
cheddar cheese

First mix the eggs and spices.



Dip the bread in the egg mixture and brown in a pan heated to medium heat.


Flip when browned.


Add the cheese so it will melt while the second side browns.


 Yum!


Bubba is a fan!




1 comment: