Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

We had been trying to think of a good father's day gift for my husband when my mom, who used to have a daycare at our house while I was growing up, suggested this fun project that she used to do with the kids. 

First print out the finger print poem on a sheet of fancy paper.

"Sometimes you might get discouraged
Because I am so small.
And always leaving my finger prints 
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing.
I'll be all grown up one day.
And all those little finger prints
Will slowly fade away.

So here's a tiny hand print
Just for you to recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small."

Then spread out some news paper and get a pie plate or some sort of flat bottomed dish.



Squeeze in some paint.


Spread it around a bit. Get a wet paper towel and put it to the side. You will need it to contain the baby's painted hand in a few moments.


Get the baby and stick their hand in the paint and smear it around. Make sure to pin his other hand down like pictured or he will grab the pie plate and throw it and the paint all over the kitchen.


Dab some off by making a test print on the newspaper.


Then stick it on the fancy paper with the poem printed on it. Now right after this you want to grab the wet paper towel you made and put aside and wrap it around the baby's hand and make a mad dash for the sink before he gets blue paint everywhere!


Ta-Da! 


We got a bi-fold frame and put a picture of Bubba on the other side. Now Daddy has a nice picture for his desk at work. 


Grandpa helped Bubba pick out some single malt scotch too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment