Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mango Margaritas

I've gone food blogger event crazy! I just discovered these blogger events the past week or so and since it is the end of the  month a lot of them are ending in a day or two. I decided I could squeeze two in that I really wanted to do. One of these events is The Only Mango event at Anu's Healthy Kitchen  who is actually guest hosting this month for another blog called Foodelicious. I enlisted the help of my brother Tim to help me come up with recipes at such short notice.

First we thought of Mango salsa or chutney, but then we would have to make something to go with it. And it is just too hot for that today. It is 100 degrees out, and no one wants to go use the grill on the patio in that heat. Then an epiphany! Mango Margaritas! I happen to have a very large tequila collection (Thanks to my dad's many business trips to Mexico several years ago) and even though he said not to make margaritas with it, maybe one time won't hurt. It is pretty good tequila and to not use it would be a waste, right?

The collection!

We decided on the one in this lovely blue bottle.


Here's what you'll need:
2 ripe mangoes, chopped and slightly frozen
6 oz of tequila
4 oz triple sec
4 oz margarita mix
8 ice cubes
1/3 cup of ginger sugar (we get ginger sugar left over when we make candied ginger)
(makes 4-6 drinks)

Start with your two mangoes, 


Peel and chop them the stick them in the freezer for about an hour.


Mix everything in the blender til it is nice and smooth.


Perfect on a hot day like today!





No comments:

Post a Comment