Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scrambled Egg Muffins

Somehow we ended up with 4 dozen eggs in the fridge. They were on sale last week so my mom bought 2 dozen, then my brother's friend rents a house that is on a "smallish farm" that has chickens, so if you give him empty egg cartons, he will bring you eggs. This week he happened to bring 2 dozen. In addition to these 4 dozen eggs there is a dozen (or most of one) in the fridge at our condo that my husband has yet to bring here. (Since we moved to my parent's in our transition to Wisconsin, and my husband has been remodeling our condo, he has been bringing small coolers of food from our fridge as there is space for it in my mom's fridge.) Anyway we have 4 (basically 5) dozen eggs to do something with so I decide to make my Scrambled egg muffins which will use up 8 eggs in one shot.


For the batter:
2 cups Bisquick 
1 cup milk
2 eggs

For the egg filling:
6 eggs
generous sprinkle of each:
parsley
thyme
basil
oregano
pepper

1 cup of shredded cheddar

Mix together the Bisquick, milk and 2 eggs.


In another bowl mix the 6 eggs and spices.


Shred some cheese.


Add about a tablespoon of Bisquick to the muffin tin (I used popover tins, a bit bigger and deeper so I didn't have to mess with multiple batches, it was getting close to nap time)


A generous pinch of cheese.


A bit of egg mixture. (probably 2 tablespoons)


Top it off with some more Bisquick.


Pop in the oven preheated to 350 for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to put a pan underneath to catch any drips. These can rise quite a bit.


Done when a tooth pick comes out clean and they are golden brown on top.


We even got mini muffins from to "drips" the catcher pan.


Enjoy!




Bubba took a bite and smiled. He ate a couple of pieces til he realized, "Hey, there is egg in here!"  Then he wouldn't eat anymore. Lately, Bubba only eats egg in quiche form. (sometimes)
Oh well. They can't all be "Bubba approved".




No comments:

Post a Comment