Saturday, April 20, 2013

Turkey Melt Muffins

I have a confession to make. 
Bubba isn't always the happy smiley little guy you see in my pictures. Sometimes he is crabby! And on those days when Bubba is needing a little more attention, it can be hard for me to eat lunch while he's awake. Unless I want to wait til nap time to make myself something, I need a quick easy meal. I have bought Hot Pockets in the past and while they have added some new better pockets, lets be honest those things are only good when you are starving. I do like the meal in a pocket idea though, quick and easy. So I decided to make my own version of Hot Pockets.

Batter:
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Filling:
2 mushrooms
1 slice onion
1 tablespoon butter
6 slices smoked turkey cold cuts
1 sprinkle parsley
1 sprinkle black pepper
6 slices american cheese


Mix the egg, milk and bisquick.


Add enough batter to fill  the bottom of your muffin tin. I am using my silicone banking pan. (Yay!  No scrubing muffin tins!)


Lightly saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter.


Take off the heat and mix in the turkey,


And the pepper and parsley.


Mix well and transfer to a bowl.


Add about a tablespoon or so of the mixture to the muffin tins.


Now the cheese. I used 1/2 slice of american cheese in each tin.


Cover with the remaining batter.


I'm still baking in the toaster oven. I did them at 325-ish for 25 minutes.


Until the tops get to be a nice golden brown.


Ta-da!


Delicious! 
Bubba will not taste them as of yet. He is funny with biscuit like stuff sometimes. 
I really make them for me anyway. They freeze and re heat extremely well. It only takes 50 seconds in the microwave to heat them up, and I can eat them with one hand. And so much tastier than Hot Pockets!










No comments:

Post a Comment