Monday, July 29, 2013

My New Secret Ingredient

Dry sherry!
It is what is missing in all creamy sauces! It gives cream of crab soup that awesome kick that separates it from other cream soups, until now. From this day forward it goes in all my cream soups, and or sauces.

Awesome Quick Mushroom Cream Sauce (that tastes super fancy):
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 soup can whole milk
1/2 teaspoon chicken stock paste
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons minced onion
3 tablespoons butter
2 fresh basil leaves
2-4 fresh oregano leaves
3 fresh parsley leaves
splash dry sherry (or a couple splashes)

Melt butter, add onion and garlic. Saute. Add soup and milk and chicken stock paste. then chop herb leaves into sauce add splash of dry sherry.
I poured it over ravioli, shredded some mozzarella cheese over it then sprinkled with bread crumbs and baked at 350 for 30 min.

This one was a last minute experiment so I didn't take pictures as I went but here is the final product:


Since I started this post I have used my new secret sauce on smoked chicken and mushroom crepes, and an experimental casserole based on the filling used for oyster's bienville. 
(Which is a creamy shrimp and mushroom sauce) Both were awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment